Banana Bread / Muffins
by Whole Note
You will need:
– 1 package Whole Note Create-A-Muffin Mix
– 2 large eggs
– 1/3 cup (5 Tbs + 1 tsp) melted butter
– 1/4 cup milk (omit milk if using 3 bananas)
– 2 very ripe bananas, well mashed (use 3 bananas for stronger, sweeter flavor)
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– Optional: 1/8 tsp cinnamon
For banana nut: 1/2 – 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
1. Grease a large loaf pan –or– a12-muffin pan (or line with muffin liners).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, then blend in melted butter and milk.
3. Mix in mashed bananas, then lemon juice.
4. Add Create-a-Muffin Mix (and cinnamon, if desired).
5. Mix until well blended.
6. Stir in nuts, if desired.
7. Spoon batter into loaf pan or muffin cups.
8. Bread: Bake for 65-75 minutes, until well browned and an inserted toothpick pulls out dry.
Muffins: Bake for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch.