Chocolate Orange Tea Bread
by Kristina Wolter
You will need:
– 1 package of Whole Note Create-A-Muffin Mix
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
– 1/2 cup of almond milk
– 6 tbs of vegetable oil
– 1 tsp of orange zest (plus a pinch more to sprinkle on top of loaf)
– 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips + 1 tsp for top of loaf
– Optional: 2 drops of pure orange essence
Preheat oven to 350º.
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, and then the juice, milk and oil.
3. Add zest and orange essence (if using) . Then add the package of muffin mix, followed by the chocolate chips.
4. Pour into loaf pan. Sprinkle a pinch each of zest and chips over the top.
5. Bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean, and the loaf has a golden top and signature crack down the middle. Let it cool, then slice and serve with tea or a hot beverage of your choice.