by Kristina Wolter
Makes two 8-inch pie crusts
You will need:
– 2 cups of Whole Note Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– 8 tbs of frozen, unsalted butter (grated)
– 1 large egg, lightly beaten
– 5 tbs of ice water
Preheat oven to 350º.
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, butter, and egg. Pulse several times to combine.
2. Add water one tablespoon at a time while pulsing until dough comes together but not quite a ball.
3. Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper that has been lightly dusted with additional flour blend. Shape into a round disk.
4. Place another sheet of parchment over the round disk.
5. Roll out disk to 1/4-inch thickness (or desired thickness).
6. Carefully pull off top layer of parchment paper. Place pie crust in desired pie plate. Prick holes all over inside. Proceed to bake in oven at 350º for 30 minutes for a blind crust. Add more time for a filled pie.
7. Cool on wire rack.